Hello everyone! With 2014 a-go, it is time to look at the books that we are so eagerly awaiting. So, without further ado, I present my 5 most highly anticipated books of 2014.
1. Silver Shadows by Richellle Mead
- Considering how much I have been ranting about this series, it shouldn’t come as such a surprise that this is the book that I am most excited about. Not only did the previous book end in a humongous cliffhanger (*internally screaming), but also, this is such a brilliant series that it would still be #1, even if it didn’t end in a cliffhanger.
2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
- Oh, Cassandra Clare, you have led us through death and back, and I am so eager for this final book. I’m sorry; I am really looking forward for this book, because then the series will be over. Clare has stretched this book from 3 books to 6, and I don’t know if I can really take it anymore. But I still need to read it, to find out what happens. Which I salute her for, because it is really hard to keep your readers interested for 6 books.
3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- So, did I like the first book of the series? YES. I loved it. Did I like the second book of the series? NO. I did not like it. Will I still read the third one? Yes. I am willing to risk tremendous heartbreak over this book, because I have hope that Mafi won’t do a “Roth” and kill off everything you like about the books. I’ve read a lot of these kinds of books, and I’ve grown slightly tired of them… but whom am I kidding? I will never stop reading YA novels.
4. Night Broken by Patricia Briggs
- I discovered Briggs a few years ago, and have remained a devout fan ever since I read her first book. Sometimes, they may become a little dull, and I don’t even know why I find them boring. They’re really exciting, and a lot of action happens in Briggs’ books, but for some reason they just have this slightly tedious quality, occasionally. However, this quality is only present in some of the books – mainly, I adore everything she writes. To summarize, I am really looking forward to the eight installment of Mercy Thompson.
5. Be With Me by J. Lynn
- Surprisingly, a book that is not part of a series! Well, sort of, but not technically. I loved Wait for You, it was the perfect romance story, and if you ever want to read a cute, seriously cute, book, then read that one. I love the whole cliché situation of having a troubled past, and then finding the guy that helps the girl to be become a happier individual. Hopefully this book will be as romantically adorable as the first one.
So, there you have it! These were only some of the books that I can’t wait for – there are about a thousand other books that I can’t wait for. I’m very excited for this year, even though it’s kind of already begun… Where does the time go?
Have a great year! And read lots of books!